These 5 Benefits Will Tell You What Yoga is all about? what does Asana means?
You cannot find a definition of what is yoga anywhere unless you grasp it and live it. There are few things in the world which have no definition, in fact, they need to be experienced to understand them better. If you feel to start basic yoga right from today then go for Yogasana.
What is yoga and its benefits?
According to Yoga Vashista ” yoga is a conscious process of calming down the mind” There are many benefits of practicing yoga, and I am listing a few of them;
1. It increases endurance and flexibility in your body. I have seen people who hold their back after pulling any heavy object. People mere in their early 30s cannot pull heavy objects and keep them on the shelf. If they do this, their body will start aching. It is still not too late. Start yoga with a teacher or at home. There are many resources available.
2. You cannot get a perfect shape by just dieting or running. Running is good to lose weight, indeed, but what about toning. With yoga, you can tone your body. While performing it the muscles work in polarities and body comes in tone. Tone refers to the capacity of a muscle to respond.
3. You do not realize how much harmful environment pollution is for your liver , heart and lungs. It includes cigarette smoking, industrial smoke, junk food ,chemicals etc. By doing yoga you can make your respiratory system better, and increase vitality. In day to day life, a person needs to stay energised . Doing yoga early morning before leaving for office will boost you from inside and keep your energized all day.
4. Connection with yourself, reconnecting with your own body, mind, emotions, and spirit is the key to live a healthy and harmonious life, having space to nurture all the bodies and overall, mastering your mind emotions do not allowing them to rule you, coming out of “Dukha” “suffering” is all about yoga.
5. For a human to live longer and healthier balanced metabolisms is a must. What about doing yoga? Well, it treats you from inside and makes your organs work perfectly. one of the biggest concern in many countries is overweight linked to heart disease and cholesterol. A few say they cannot live without food and dieting is not their cup of tea, where some do not want to go out and run or do cardio. Well, you can do Yoga and the more you will practice , more you will understand that the old habits do not fit anymore in your life and one day the will leave you .
What is Yogasana?
According to the Indian sage, Patanjali The definition of Asana is ” Sthiram Sukham Asanam” referring to that posture that is firm and steady. In Kashmir Shaivism is referred as the seat of Awareness. nowadays people even practice via the internet . But I would personally recommend getting an experienced teacher because it is about your wellbeing, including not only the body tissues but as well the human connection, and having a guide in the path . because alone at some point, you feel to leave the practice incomplete but the teachers will boost you and help you complete it. By getting guide under them for a while will bring a complete change in your life. You will see.
Lately, you must have noticed the increased popularity of yoga where even now celebrities, politicians and sports teams , are regularly practicing and also motivating the world about it. yoga gives you happiness from inside. It is the best mode to rejuvenate yourself.
Kashmir Shaivism School Of Yoga Conducts a Variety of Yoga Programs.
In KSSOY the Asanas are being taught by certified Iyengar Yoga teachers who specialize in detailed alignment in each and every asana and in therapeutic elements. Kashmir Shaivism School Of Yoga conducts a yoga teacher training in India and Internationally with the variety of yoga programs.
To know about Kashmir Shaivism School Of Yoga and upcoming yoga sessions visit this link; http://ksschoolofyoga.com/home/about/
- Author: Amit Raina (Om Ji)
- Category: Blog
- Date: 25 Oct,2016